I just gotta say: buy yourself a gol-darn journal. Those little treasures will be the key to your creative success and endeavors in the future. I NEVER journaled before I came to college, but I was challenged to do so in many of my courses freshman year and it has become and irreplaceable part of my life. I fucking (I know we are supposed to think of our audience here, so I am just hoping you are an audience that is not offended by swears) my journals!!
Oh man these goodies are GOLD! I don't remember what I did or felt like yesterday, but thank Sheba I've got my journal to go ruminate my yesterdays and years!
This summer I made a massive journal--my biggest one ever. A 200 page moleskine stuffed with remnants, drawings, musings, feelings, and color-pencil experiments. That journal has become the go-to source for inspiration for my printmaking class.
I am telling you folks, get a journal. You'll be glad you did it. You'll be glad you have it. You'll just be glad. period.
No comments:
Post a Comment